Sunday, September 20, 2009

Things I Miss...

I miss having a partner to help me when Connor gets hurt and calls for his "mommy"
I miss the way she would rub my back at church
I miss coming home and smelling good things
I miss being in bed with somebody I love
I miss going to the park and watching Ashley play with Connor...and watching him be in heaven
I miss how she always had my back no matter what...that at the end of the day, whatever trials we were going through, we were always loyal...us against the world

I miss taking lazy afternoon drives to get a drink or a treat
I miss being able to talk to somebody when I feel sad or down, I also miss having her talk to me when she felt the same way

I miss Christmas time with Ashley...the whole holiday season really...it is truely my favorite time of year...I miss how she was meticulous in wrapping presents, they had to be perfect...and how she would wrap mine...I bet her dad misses that too

I miss how she would always make sure somebody received a hand written "thank-you" note
I miss the way she smelled
I miss the way she laughed
I miss the way she would indulge me in the things that I probably shouldn't do (drink coke and watch "The Sopranos")

I miss Ashely...Even now after a year we still feel her absence in our home. I think we are happy, and I think we are doing pretty well...but I miss having a wife and a mother for Connor. I miss feeling like a "whole" family.

I want to have that again

No comments:

Post a Comment