Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time Flys

I can't believe it's been a year since Ashley was with us. I know she sees us and is "here," but I miss being able to see her and touch her and smell her. She would light up a room, and knew exactly what to say or do to comfort my son. I'm getting used to being a single father, but I do long for a partner to love and grow old with. Connor is a great companion, but...

Anyway, I may have said this before, but when her death was still new, I would think about Ashley and cry because I missed her. I still cry, but now when I think about Ashley I feel happy...like remembering your favorite Christmas. When I am in a bad mood, or need to be cheered up, I remember the good times with her and I am instantly feeling better. That's the kind of person she was.

I am reminded of a song about love and losing someone you love:

"Love is lightning, love is ice.
It only strikes the lucky twice,
Once so you will know the price.
and once for crazy faith."

I have faith that I will see her again and that our family will remain so forever. But I also have faith that if God willing I can find a partner who I can love and who will love us as much as Ashley did. When the time is right...

No comments:

Post a Comment