Saturday, May 16, 2009

mother's day

Wow! This was the first mother's day in 6 years that I did not have my sweetheart with me, and the first in 4 years that connor did not have his momma. I spent time with my mom and spent the day with my son, but I couldn't help but constantly think of Ashley and her not being there. It was a difficult day.

I am grateful though, for what she left me. Every day I see her in my son's eyes or his smile. Everytime he says "I love you dad!" I say a little thank you to Ash for leaving my a piece of her, and for trusting me enough to let me raise him alone.

I miss her deeply, but feel the bond with with my son inceasing every day. He has become my reason to be a good man. I can honestly say that he is the reason I am still here and going forward. He is now my purpose.

Thank you Ashley for giving me this gift!!! I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment