Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I just spent the weekend with my wife's family and once again I was reminded of how truely important family ties are in this life. When Ashley passed, it was her family and mine that really helped me survive. Even now, on certain days when I'm reminded of my wife, I look to her mother as a means of comfort, knowing that she knows how I feel.

Ashley's death was very unexpected. She was healthy, young, and vibrant and had conquered a serious back injury which she sustained a couple of years ago. She was completely off her pain medications and was ready to try for our second child (she wanted a daughter very badly). The night she died I can honestly say I was in complete shock and disbelief...I couldn't believe that my sweetheart was no longer alive...that she was no longer in this world. Family saved my life that night!

I love my mother, my mother in law, father in law, and all her siblings. They have truely kept me sane. Most of all, I love my son. He is my rock, my rock-star!! He is what keeps me going forward. Everytime I look into his eyes, I see a piece of Ashley. He is my reminder of how beautiful she was.

After this weekend...I reaffirmed my belief of how important life is. But not just life, but loving those in your life. When Ashely died, and I saw how many people were touched by her short life, and I realized that when I die I do not want to be alone. I want many friends and family to be there and remember me as a good man and father. From her death, she has changed the course of my life in many ways. I will love her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment