Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF!

I love Fridays!! Great to have a day that welcomes in the weekend. And we finally have some sun today as well...we've had rain almost every day for the last couple of weeks it seems.

I guess because it was raining, I had some time to do things around the house I wouldn't have normally done...like finally taking all my digital pictures out of our camera and moving them to the computer. In doing so, I found a really cool picture of Ashley swinging on a swing with Connor when he was probably two. She looks so beautiful... She looks at peace...

Anyway, this picture opened up an opprotunity for me and my son to talk about some of the things we loved most about mommy. He loved to play with her hair. But truth be told, so did I. He said he remembered her giving him his bottles before bed, and watching cartoons. I remembered going to the gas station to get a treat sometimes when it was late at night...hence the TGIF since I didn't have to get up early on Saturday morning.

As I think back on Ashley...it's the little, non-significant things that I remember. I love her so much...and I miss her so much. My advice to you: Tell the ones you love that you love them!! Today!! Give them hugs and treats, and do non-significant things that you'll remember forever. That is what life is all about!

Love you Ash-

No comments:

Post a Comment